Monday, August 7, 2006

Dear Canadian Tire

I shop at Canadian Tire because you are a Canadian company. I only go to other hardware stores if I can not find what I need at your store. Happily this doesn’t happen very often.

As a proud Canadian Tire customer I am writing to let you know how disappointed I am that you are now hiring children.

Recently I have noticed an influx of pubescent teenagers working in your store. Not only do they not care about customer service but they seem to have NO KNOWLEDGE AT ALL of the products in your store.

Where are the grown-ups?

Where are the men and woman who used to work in your store who knew your stores stock inside and out and would help you find what you needed?

STOP HIRING CHILDREN!!
I know they’re cheaper. I know you don’t have to pay them benefits. I know they work weekends. I know you can work them to death without them complaining... but I will stop shopping at your store if I don’t see a change in personnel soon.

Thank you.

6 comments:

  1. I was just talkin' to my mom about this... but not at the story you are fired up about... it seems like banks and other places where you REALLY NEED ummmm... ADULTS working, there are fewer and fewer to be found. I love kids, don't get me wrong, but there are certain places where we truly NEED folks with some experience...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last time I heard Canadian Tire was not Canadian but owned by an American company now. Might want to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Canadian Tires stores are each independently owned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When our hot water tank died we went there first, and no one knew what a hot water tank was!!! They kept showing us either kettles or space heaters. C'mon people! This is not difficult!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the adults are all working at Rona or Home Depot now...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been renovating my house this year and sadly, in my experience at rona there aren't many adults around there, either.

    ReplyDelete