Thursday, October 27, 2005

Vancouver to Regina

So the bus (that I took across on the ferry) drops you off in Vancouver at the Train/Bus station.

As I pulled into the station I realized that it is the anniversary of my moving to BC. Holy crap. 18 years goes by fast.

So I got ready for the Fanny show. Made Rene’s Tomato Soup cake and garnished it with slivered almonds and banana chips. Got it all pretty for the show.
You do know that most cooking on tv is fake? Right? I pretend to make something then pull this baby out and wow the audience. Show business is all fake... but I love it. :)

So I get to the studio in the morning. More like the crack of morning... ugh. So early. Janice my trusty PR lady picked me up at 7:45am and drove me to the studio where they informed me they didn’t want me to do a cooking demo. Fanny just wanted to TALK to me. Yikes. I was not mentally prepared for that. I had been practicing in my head all the things I normally say when I do a cooking demo.

I was on the show with Red Robinson a local personality who I thought was dead... but was very pleased to see that he wasn’t.
The show went well... I think. I haven’t watched the video yet. I’m too scared. But Fanny gave a great interview and she made me feel right at home. I think I probably waved my hands around too much (I always do) but I think it went ok.
I totally forgot to plug Claire’s website because we were talking about Vegan products. Sorry Claire. I even had the pink stole (photos of me wearing it soon...) she made me on my lap... so I could talk about it. Ugh. I’m so sorry. So all of you reading this, go to her website and buy something to make up for my guffaw. *laugh* Or e-mail her and say hi.

So after Fanny’s show Janice drove me to the airport and I hopped a plane for Regina Saskatchewan. Or as we used to call it when we were kids "Vagina Sask-scratch-your-bum". My home town. My father is in a production at The Globe Theater and I don’t get to see him act on stage very often any more... so on my way to TO, Janice got me a flight to Regina. I’m only there for 17 hours. *laugh* Thank god. Hopefully I won’t bump into any old boyfriends. Yikes.

OH! And I forgot to tell you the best and worst part of my day.

First was when Janice picked me up from the train station, I took the baggage cart back to the sidewalk. I don’t know what happened, but I hit the curb and the cart bounced back and hit me on the leg so hard, that tears sprung into my eyes and I fell to the ground. I bashed the bone HARD! It was horrible. I hobbled back to the car... put ice and Arnica on my leg and woke up the next day to find that I can hardly walk. I’m going to see a doctor in Toronto (yay medicare) if it doesn’t start to feel any better soon. I am hurting for certain.

So that really wasn’t the best. The best was going into Capers to buy a sandwich for my plane trip to Regina (airlines don’t serve food anymore for some reason) and this woman grabbed me and hugged me and thanked me for writing the books. She said I’ve changed her life and she loves me. WOW! What a nice thing to have happen completely out of the blue.

Now for Regina. Wish me luck...

1 comment:

  1. I thought red robinson was dead too. huh.
    -spacedawg

    ReplyDelete