Sunday, April 30, 2006

Popco

Popco arrived mysteriously in my mailbox last year (I love it when people send me presents) right in the middle of all the promotion of LDV. I took it with me on my travels... but for whatever reason I can't really read books on the plane. I always end up reading trashy magazines instead. :)

It sat on my bedside table for months and months and wasn't until I read Josh's review in Herbivore#10 that I remembered I had it... so I dusted it off and started reading. WOWZERS! What a treat. I loved this book from front to back. Scarlett's style of writing is right up my alley and the book even has a little bit of vegan propaganda threaded through out the story. Woohoo!

Run out and read this one... you'll love it.

I can't wait to read her other books.

3 comments:

  1. I ordered my first issue of Heribvore the other day - #10 is waht I got. So far, I've only looked through it, but I did see the review that you mentioned. I have a feeling it is going to be a book that I'm going to really want to read :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the additional review! I want this book now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. achangeinsceneryMay 1, 2006 at 5:28 AM

    I loved this book. I want it to somehow become a series, a neverending series that will magically spawn a new installment once I am done with the previous. There needs to be a club containing vegans with affinities for prime numbers!

    "Going Out" is good also, I read that one prior to PopCo. Still need to get my hands on the rest.

    ReplyDelete