Tuesday, June 6, 2006

Not again...

I forgot to tell you that Gerry and I went for brunch at Fressen with Siue from Lickin' The Beaters cookbook. It was my second time there and I was VERY excited to eat there again... you may remember last time I had a little reaction to the meal.

My waffles had a orange sauce on them so I had to send them back (I have a citrus intolerance). My new waffles arrived sans orange sauce and I got about halfway through before I noticed that there was a orangey taste in my waffles. Yup. Another reaction. What a drag... I really wanted to enjoy my food. I guess there must have been something in the waffle batter or something.Gerry and Siue both had the French Toast.
I loves me some Siue!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh man! You're having a tough time at that place. I can't imagine being intolerant to citrus. I love all citrus fruits. And chocolate. I love those chocolate oranges. Sorry, got a little dreamy there.
    Do you think you'll give Fressen another try or has it been just too much. I've never eaten there, but heard great things and the pictures look very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loves me some Siue, too!

    Bummer about the sneaky orange in your waffles. Sounds like you hit all the right places while you were here.

    ReplyDelete