Friday, June 23, 2006

What a day...

What a bizarre long and horrible day...

I had to run a million and one errands this morning before racing to work only to find Gerry in a tizzy cause the shop was busy and needed my receptionist skills then our photocopier suddenly went kaput. I had to run across town and get a new temporary one cause the photocopy guys don't work on the weekend.

Query: Why does the photocopier always die on the weekends?

A guy fully road-raged at me for honking my horn at him (He cut in front of me and almost caused an accident while I had the right of way). He actually got out of the car and started yelling at me and tapping on the glass. Thankfully the windows were closed and I quickly locked the doors and was so scared that I actually called 911.

I will admit that by making the universal symbol for "you are crazy" with my middle finger didn't make things better... but he got out of his car because I honked. WTF?? I totally started crying when I was talking to the 911 guy... he was very sweet and told me I did the right thing by calling and giving him the dudes plate number.

The day ended nicely with a nice game of frisbee fetch with Fergus and Gerry... sigh. I can't wait for this day to be over so tomorrow can be better.

7 comments:

  1. I had that happen to me in Edmonton - some ass started yelling and posturing - it IS scary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's some screwed-up people out there... That's why I started to learn Krav Maga (Israelian Forces close combat fighting).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad Fergus and Gerry helped the day at least end well, Sarah. Poor you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Makes you wonder what that person's life is like that he would go off at a little lady in a Smart Car like that, hey?
    Glad you're ok and that you had the cell phone.
    Good thing Fergus wasn't with you..he'd of taken the guys face off! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Either that or licked him to death. *laugh*

    ReplyDelete
  6. girl least likely toJune 24, 2006 at 9:19 AM

    i've had someone get out of the car twice (just for honking, and i promise i honked for a good reason), and it was so scary. i'm sorry he freaked you out. but i giggled at you making the "you are crazy" sign. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gawd, I have had days like this, but it's been a while. Totally forgettable. People make me crazy someX, Sarah! Grrrrrr! I'm sorry this kind of frenzied anxiety-provoking crud happened to you, but glad things ended up on a positive note.

    ReplyDelete